The Public Safety Department is responsible to provide services for the preservation of life and property through prevention, education and immediate response to life threatening or potentially life threatening situations. In order to fulfill this responsibility, the Department manages community fire suppression, medical aid, and police services.
- Provide for the preservation of life and property through prevention, education, and immediate response.
- Manage the community fire suppression, medical aid and police services operations.
- Responsible for the Town's emergency disaster planning, training and operations.
- Responsible for police and fire investigation, fire inspections, hazardous materials training and operations.
- Provide a safe environment for Town residents.
- Enhance crime and fire prevention.
- Expand external relations beyond the limits of the Town.
- Continue to maximize technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Optimize police presence training programs.
- Strengthen disaster response training programs.
To provide a safe community in which to live work and play.
||253 . 581 . 0110
||253 . 589 . 6530
||Public Safety Building
601 Main St
Steilacoom, WA 98388
[ map ]
||M-F: 10am-Noon, 1pm - 5pm
||[ show me ]